Thursday, 25 August 2011

Week Five Tasks

Part Two:
1. The first University in the world is al-Azhar University in Cairo, Egypt in 970 A.D and was formally organised by 988 A.D.  I found this information on - http://www.ehow.com/list_6603611_list-oldest-universities.html - viewed on the 25th August. I found this specific website on Yahoo's web search under 'Oldest University in the World'.

2. Stephen Stockwell's band is called The Black Assassins and he plays the keyboard aswell as vocals. Some of their songs are called Death Take Me Now, Drugs and Azaria. I found this information on - http://members.optusnet.com.au/~toxicoh/blackas.htm - viewed on the 25th August. I found this specific website on Bing's web search under 'Stephen Stockwell's Band, Brisbane'.

3. The World's biggest machine is the Large Hadron Collider. It weighs 42,000 tonnes and cost $10 billion to build. I found this information on - http://www.popsci.com/bown/2008/product/large-hadron-collider - viewed on the 25th August. I found this specific website on Bing's web search under 'World's Biggest Machine - Weight and Price'.

4. Justin Bieber's lawyer's name is Kenneth Feinswog. I found this information on - http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/the-big-comic-con-gaga-bieber-threaten-legal-action-20100908-150uo.html - viwed on the 25th August. The best way to contact him is most likely by telephone as I found this on www.pipl.com.

5. Jetstar has the cheapest fare from the Gold Coast to Melbourne at a rate of  $69 on special and when landing at Tullamarine. I found this fare by initially searching on webjet.com, but after realising that these weren’t the cheapest fares - I looked up the individual airline’s website/s. To calculate the amount of fuel needed to drive to Melbourne from the Gold Coast, I worked out the distance between the two locations by subtracting 70km from the chart distance so that we start from the Gold Coast, then calculate the fuel price on http://www.travellers-autobarn.com.au/fuel-price-calculator. The calculator said that at $1.30 per litre it would cost $144.46 to drive to Melbourne, therefore making the Jetstar flight cheaper.

6. Hatsune Miku is an anime/manga character (originally a Vocaloid voice synthesiser) for the Vocaloid franchise. Her birthday is the 31st of August 2007. I found this information on -http://www.animevice.com/miku-hatsune/18-20703/ - viewed on the 24th August. I found this specific website through the Yahoo Search Engine.

7. A place to stay in Antartica is Vernadsky Research Base. I found this information on - http://getaway.ninemsn.com.au/fsantarctica/antartica/7929297/antarctica-adventure-151-part-two - viewed on the 25th August. I found this specific website on Yahoo's web search under 'Getaway, Antartica'. And a live webcam in Belarus is in Minsk. I found this information on - http://www.camscape.com/view/5976 - veiwed on the 25th August. I found this specific website on Bing's web search under 'Live Webcam in Belarus'.

8. The song that was top of the Australian pop charts this week in 1991 was Everything I Do, I Do It For You by Bryan Adams. I found this information on - http://www.take40.com/music/number-ones/date?day=23&month=7&searchYear=1991&Search.x=50&Search.y=16 - viewed on the 25th August. I use Take 40 religiously, so I went straight to the site.

9. A Holden Astra was used as the Google Street View Car in Australia. I found this information on -http://www.smh.com.au/technology/biz-tech/smile-australia-youre-on-googles-candid-camera-20090616-cebb.html - viewed on the 25th August. I found this specific website on Bing's web search under 'News headlines - Google Street View Car'.

10. I was able to translate this question list into Spanish, and then back into English via freetranslation.com. I found this under Bing's web search under 'Translate.'

Spanish Translation:
Q1) Dónde estuvo la primera Universidad establecido y en que año?
Q2) Qué es llamada la banda de Stephen Stockwell y qué juega él? Puede denominar un par de sus canciones?
Q3) Qué es el peso de la máquina más grande de mundo? ¿Cuánto costó construir?
Q4) Quién es el abogado de Justin Bieber, y qué son la mejor manera (más rápido, más seguro) contactar al abogado?
Q5) Qué es la forma más barata de viaje de la Costa de oro a Melbourne?
Q6) Quién es Hatsune Miku? ¿A qué compañía pertenece ella? ¿Qué es sus cumpleaños?
Q7) Encuentre una webcam viva en Bielorrusia. Encuentre que un lugar para permanecer en Antártida.
Q8) Qué canción fue la cima del taponazo australiano traza esta semana en 1991?
Q9) Qué tipo de coche es utilizado para hacer 'Vista de Calle de Google'?
Q10) Traduzca estas preguntas en español y entonces tradúzcalos atrás al inglés.

English Translation:
Q1) Where it was the first University established and in which year?
Q2) What is called the band of Stephen Stockwell and what plays he?  It can call a pair of its songs?
Q3) What is the weight of the largest machine of world?  How much it cost to build?
Q4) Who is the lawyer of Justin Bieber, and what they are the best way (faster, surer) to contact the lawyer?
Q5) What is the cheapest form of trip of the Coast of gold to Melbourne?
Q6) Who is Hatsune Miku?  Why company belongs she?  What is its birthday?
Q7) Find a webcam alive in Belarus.  Find that a place to remain in Antarctica.
Q8) What song was the top of the Australian pop outline this week in 1991?
Q9) What type of car is utilized to do 'View of Street of Google'?
Q10) Translate these questions in Spanish and then translate them behind to the English.


Part One:
"Dramatic structure is the foundation of screenwriting.” On the website Syd Field (the paradigm worksheet) it explains that all, if not most films, have a beginning, a middle and an end – a point at which the beginning turns into the middle, and the middle turns into the end. This is evident when comparing this ‘dramatic structure’ to the movie Rubber. In the first act you see the birth of the tyre, arising from the junkyard (beginning). You then see the tyre learning its own abilities (middle) and finally using its own mind to ‘crush and destroy’ animals, objects and people (end). There is a clear beginning, middle and end to this first act.

On Clapperboard, “Exploring the Meaning of Movies” it states that,
“Dramatic action is not so much as what is said, but what is not said. By reading between the lines or watching the actions of a character, we are able to understand their point of view.”
This is apparent in the movie Rubber. The audience who is watching the tyre from afar tries to analyse how the tyre is blowing up certain animals, objects and people without even touching them. One little boy states, “I think the tyre is blowing it up with his mind!” Nothing was said to make this obvious to the boy, but the boy read between the lines by watching the actions of the tyre. In the end, each audience member will always take away different meanings from films, however everyone will always try and read between the lines.

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment