Thursday, 1 September 2011

Week Six Tasks

Part Two:
The production tools that I might use in my own audio-visual piece is - http://picasa.google.com/ - as this website gives me the opportunity to create a movie from the photos I already have available (stored) from my computer or even my iPhone! As my audio-visual piece will be of my day at Future Musical Festival 2011- from the start of the day (pres), to the end (going home) - I was thinking that I could even use PowerPoint or a simple Microsoft Movie Editor as they will both quite clearly get my narrative across. It will show step by step - the beginning of the day, at a friend's house having the 'pres', to driving in the taxi (nearly there!) to finally being THERE! And then the fun begins - getting muddy, and dancing/rocking out. Lastly, night-time comes and we're all tuckered out. I am however intrigued by creating an animation of my day of the festival, with the use of http://www.xtranormal.com/ - this website lets me create an animation just by typing! Although as I would not have created the images myself, I may come across serious issues to do with copyright - so I think I will just stick with my own photos from the day (accumulated pictures from my camera, a friend's camera and iPhone).


Part One:
It could be said that Hollywood is having trouble adapting to the rise of the Internet due to piracy issues. A lot of people are downloading movies illegally, even before movies have been released. Nowadays instead of paying to see a film in a theatre, people can watch a movie from the comfort of their own home. In today's lecture it discussed how "download services are re-populating our distribution landscape". In a society that is always changing and modernising, we can now see the launch of all sorts of new download services, which are easily accessible and also costing quite cheaply or free!

The problem with the Internet however is that there isn't a lot of quality control. Anyone can produce their own content and therefore it becomes difficult to seek out the "good stuff".

In his article, "Transforming Filmkaing through Crowdsourcing", (2010) Michael Mascioni comments on how independent filmakers are gaining their audiences through social media. With the use of the Internet, independent filmakers have been able to market their films, hence raising funds for their movies. More and more companies are using the Internet as a means for promoting their products.

Hollywood must embrace the Internet as a means for distributing their films, they should understand that change is something not to be feared and that the use of the Internet is now essential for reaching a world wide audience.

References:

  • Michael Mascioni (2010) Transforming Filmkaing through Crowdsourcing retrieved online from - http://www.internetevolution.com/author.asp?section_id=709&doc_id=190970 viewed online on the 1st September 2011
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment