Part Two:
So far my progress for producing a video is going well; I have accumulated quite a lot of images - from my camera, and pictures taken by others from the day. I now just have to choose what I want to go with and what order I should do it in! I still like the idea, and have chosen to go ahead with my day at Future Musical Festival, as it is an easy storyline and a step by step process (from the start of the day - excited, climax - having fun in the mud! To the end - tired and home time) - like figuring out the arrangement of my material! I like the idea of using Movie Maker, and there will be a tute on how to use it next week - so more information to come!! :)
Part One:
So far my progress for producing a video is going well; I have accumulated quite a lot of images - from my camera, and pictures taken by others from the day. I now just have to choose what I want to go with and what order I should do it in! I still like the idea, and have chosen to go ahead with my day at Future Musical Festival, as it is an easy storyline and a step by step process (from the start of the day - excited, climax - having fun in the mud! To the end - tired and home time) - like figuring out the arrangement of my material! I like the idea of using Movie Maker, and there will be a tute on how to use it next week - so more information to come!! :)
Part One:
- Wikipedia is useful as a lot of different topics are covered on the site. Wikipedia gives you references and links that can further lead you to good information. The negative thing about Wikipedia is that anyone can edit the page, so it sometimes isn't that reliable.
- Facebook works because it keeps you connected to everyone, it is a highly used social medium that lets you stay in touch with friends/family via the web! Facebook stays up and running due to the amount of advertising companies that endorse the website, that's how Facebook gets it's revenue!
- To close a Facebook account, you can go on your own personal profile and under account settings, you can deactivate your account. You can always reactivate it though.
- Produsage is an ongoing project, you can create something new from old content, hence you are adding value to what's already there. So in that respect, you are gaining profit just from recycling old content! In his article, "Towards Produsage - Futures for User-Led Content Production" Axel Bruns states that the producer of 'The Sims', Maxis, appears to profit directly from selling the produser-generated content, rather than offering ancillary services (p.5).
- Citizen Journalism is definitely the end of Traditional Journalism, it certainly makes one question the credibility of the news stories which are updated online. Citizen Journalism is a niche type of news, where you can gain access to what you want very quickly and anyone can upload their own content. However it can be based on prejudices, what the company or a person believes and what they want to cover. "Citizen Journalism relies on it's users to evaluate submitted stories" (Bruns, p.3); people will always believe what is presented to them in the news!
- Bruns, A. From Reader to Writer: Citizen Journalism as News Produsage retrieved online from - http://produsage.org/files/12132812018_towards_produsage_0.pdf viewed online on the 8th September 2011
- Bruns, A. Towards Produsage - Futures for User-Led Content Production retrieved online from -http://produsage.org/files/12132812018_towards_produsage_0.pdf viewed online on the 8th September 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment